Old 29-09-2007, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Time to pick up the crappy peaches again

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:16:03 -0400, John Bachman
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:51:01 GMT, len garden
wrote:

just a thought john,

after they have finished flowering could those branches be pruned off?
or is it possible to pull all the fruit off before it ripens?

Thanks for the thoughts but this tree is very prolific, which is
beautiful when they are flowers but hateful when they are fruit.
Pruning is out the question as most branches would have to come off
ruining the tree.

Pulling off the fruit before it falls is harder than waiting for it to
fall.

I do put a tarp under it and shake the branches catching most of them
but that is still a PITB.

If I had a crappy-peach-eating squirrel he might avoid my usual
squirrel controls.

John

Send mailing address! I will FedEx you unlimited squirrels --
as soon as I catch them.

Persephone