Old 29-09-2007, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default How were your tomatoes this year?

EV wrote in :

*snip*

How did your tomatoes do? Were there varieties that you really liked?
Any other amazing heirlooms out there that you can recommend?

Happy harvest, fellow food gardeners!

EV

"did" is past tense... Mine are still growing. I'm in Central Illinois,
but the tomatoes got an extremely late start due to being planted in
July. They were plants the store was selling off because they didn't want
to transplant them in to bigger pots. We're just now starting to get red
ones. I didn't think we were going to have any plants this year, moving
in the middle of the summer.

We're working on putting fence posts in the ground to make a mini
greenhouse for the really cold nights. It works, but it's a lot of work.

Puckdropper