Old 29-09-2007, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Who has a taste for rubber?

"Tim" wrote ...
For the second time in 6 months I have gone into the garden to find the
cable to my pond pump has been severed and shredded. Something quite
powerful has been at it and there is evidence of digging near the cable
joint. Bits of floating plants are also scattered around the edge.
GRRR!!

Any hints on what it might be and how to stop it happening for a third
time? I sometimes see a solitary squirrel, have had a fox in the garden
before and haven't seen a hedgehog for years.

With the added bits of plants I'd say Rats.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden