Old 29-09-2007, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default felling chilly

On 29/9/07 17:07, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:10:05 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 29/9/07 08:55, in article
, "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

Its one of those days when it is warmer out than in, we don't want to put
the heating on just yet - seems a bit early - but right now I have to say
that I am cold. That brings me nicely back on topic to ask for
recommendations re. thermal underwear to wear when gardening and at any
other time come to that :-)

kate

I can't wear wool, so when I used to ski I used to get silk longjohns etc.
from Patra. They lasted for years and I used to wear them for sailing early
in the year, too. I don't find it gets cold enough often enough down here
to need them now but I'd certainly look into those again if I were in your,
er.....shoes. ;-)

I had a Danish friend who wore Helly Hansen thermal undies when she sailed.

There's posh. ;-) But they're not natural fibre and while I know they're
constructed so as to breathe, I think I'd rather go for the silk, myself.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk