Old 30-09-2007, 02:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default fall weather report

k wrote:
Last night, at 4am, or I guess I should say,
this morning, at 4am, I turned on the furnace.
Too cold to sleep. Yesterday it rained and
youngest son reported it was cold in the
classroom.
DH tackled the garage. Pond is still on the
list. I'm going to move one of the deck pond
plants into the frog bog. It is a grassy plant
with tiny, yellow starlike flowers that bloom
for a day. A good ponder would know the name.
I did report it somewhere back last spring...
The chrysanthemums are blooming on the
deck. I like the rust and plum coloured varieties.

k :-)
http://tinyurl.com/6bguh ~ new pond keeper info
http://tinyurl.com/yp64db ~ slide show of pond

We've had our heating on since Thursday (and probably needed it a day or
two sooner apart from my stubborn attitude of the heating does not go on
until at least October - a few sleepless nights convinced me).....quite
depressing as we haven't had a summer in the UK yet.... :-( Although
looking at the forecast it looks like I might be able to get outside
sometime next week to finish off the pond edgings and tidy the garden
and get the plants in for the spring.....(wall flowers, daffs, tulips
etc).....Pleased to say that some of the plants I bought for the pond
are doing quite well at the moment - especially the pepper grass some of
which is placed in the deepest part of the pond but is now reaching
almost to the surface (2ft6) - of course I know that it will have some
die off over winter but I'm hoping that it will survive.....Actually,
without wanting to wish my life away, I can't wait until spring when I
can get the pond planted out properly and start adding fish - such a
bummer it took so long to dig it and I couldn't finish it in time this year.

We bought some solar powered lights disguised as rocks for round the
edges of the pond as an experiment, not expecting much especially with
the amount of cloud etc. but it is now 1am and they are still going
since coming on at dusk.....I think we will get some more at some
point......

Gill