Old 30-09-2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Avoiding the dangers of Roundup

John Bachman expounded:

If the farmer follows all of the procedures specified by the law and
policies of your area (you did not tell us where you are) then you
should have no problem. That may or may not be a big "if".

And you believe this because? Big chemical told you so? They have
nothing to lose if they tell the truth, now, do they?

I would contact the farmer and express my concern. Ask him what
pesticides he uses and what his procedures are. Ask him to notify you
on days that he will be using pesticides near your home so that you
can personally monitor the application. If your monitoring gives you
concern then address them with him and the local agricultural
authorities.

I would be more interested in discussing with them the ultimate
unsustainability of the pesticides they are using. There are plenty
of farmers nowadays, especially in the Northeast, that are
successfully pulling in crops without using Roundup at all.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts