Old 30-09-2007, 03:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Staples Don Staples is offline

Default tree wound dressing

"symplastless" wrote in message
I am well aware of the thought that trees in Texas respond differently to
wounds than in other states. Could you please explain how wound dressing
help trees in Texas when it does not in other states? If you know how to
prune trees correctly than wound dressing would not be of any value. If
you do not prune trees correctly wound dressing does not stop or stall the
spread of pathogens or does it stop rot.

Smart answers about your thoughts aside, practical experience in Texas
indicates would dressing does work. I have work trees after hurricanes for
the last 40 years, and have seen the results. Wound dressing prevented
invasive rots, while no dressing may or may not have done the same.
Practical knowledge, not from your host.

Beware a so called tree biologist that never studied biology.