Old 30-09-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural
Jim Jim is offline

Default Avoiding the dangers of Roundup

Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message from contains these words:

I would be more interested in discussing with them the ultimate
unsustainability of the pesticides they are using. There are plenty
of farmers nowadays, especially in the Northeast, that are
successfully pulling in crops without using Roundup at all.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a

That's a good thought. Maybe he'd be interested in changing his
methods.

It would be good if he did, but the last thing a new arrival to any
rural area should do, is start trying to suggest to the resident farmers
that you know how they should run their business. Nothing could be more
calculated to put his back up, just when you want him to be your friend,
and let you know (minimum) what times of year he sprays and (best for
you) get to the point where he calls on the phone to say "I'll be
spraying tomorrow if it's not too windy".

Janet, well written, well stated and a good piece of advice.