Old 30-09-2007, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Mike Coon Mike Coon is offline

Default Blue Tit activity

'Mike' wrote:
Just had a Blue Tit giving serious consideration to a Tit Box we put
up very early in the year under the veranda just outside the patio
doors.

Don't know about serious, but a BT has visited my box recently and prompted
me to clean it out (with sterilising boiling water) in case there were some
hungry parasites in there waiting for just such a visitation to get a new
host. I've seen it in previous years too.

It might be because the day-length is similar to that in Spring and they
have not noticed that days are shortening instead of lengthening. I don't
think you'll see any interest until the weather is bad enough to justify
their roosting in the box.

Mike.
--
If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.