Old 30-09-2007, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Blue Tit activity

"Mike Coon" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
Just had a Blue Tit giving serious consideration to a Tit Box we put
up very early in the year under the veranda just outside the patio
doors.

Don't know about serious, but a BT has visited my box recently and
prompted me to clean it out (with sterilising boiling water) in case there
were some hungry parasites in there waiting for just such a visitation to
get a new host. I've seen it in previous years too.

It might be because the day-length is similar to that in Spring and they
have not noticed that days are shortening instead of lengthening. I don't
think you'll see any interest until the weather is bad enough to justify
their roosting in the box.

Mike.
--
If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

Thanks Mike.

Will keep an eye open for activity, but will keep the feeders topped up ;-))

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.