Old 30-09-2007, 07:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default fall weather report

Phyllis and Jim wrote:

We got some solar lights too. My youngest son, working for the
governor for a semester instead of his 3rd year semester at Stanfod
law, has begun adding solar lights around the pond. They look great.
He mounted some strings of lights under the benches that I had bought
but not installed. They look great!

I've certainly been impressed with them so far. I bought some solar
powered lights around 8 years ago to try and light the old pond and the
garden but they were a great disappointment - solar powered lighting has
certainly advanced. I think that by next summer I'll start looking into
how to get lighting into all of the garden by this means - we've always
wanted to do it but have been put off to a certain degree by the thought
of running mains cables all over the garden - if the solar work it is a
good, cheap, environmentally friendly way of doing it - shame they don't
come with an off switch but I guess more expensive solar light systems
might.

Now I have some multi-LED lights for in the pond and the water falls.
They are very bright! The pond ones show the junk in the water! Have
to think about how to deal with that.

Now, I've wondered about doing this....my worry has been that it might
freak the fish but yep, junk in the water would also be an issue and
spoil the overall effect. Are your LEDs solar powered or mains?

Gill

Our ponnd will be a night show case when Tim gets done.

Jim