Old 30-09-2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default PBS's Victory Garden

"Bill R" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Bill R" wrote in message

Has anyone been watching PBS's Victory Garden this season? Everyone from
last season except Kip (the gardner) is gone. The new hosts are just
horrible. The programs seem to be all over the place and most of them
have not been worth watching. There was one where the host spent almost
the entire post bending metal for a potting design. What a waste!

PBS had a great program in the Victory Garden but, IMO they ruined it.
They need to go back to the good old days when they had great hosts and
spent their time on interesting gardening subjects.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Have you been watching it since the original, with Jim Crockett? He
understood continuity and focus.

Yes, I am that old. And back then the show was ALL about gardening. In
the last few years it has taken quite a different direction. Less
gardening and a lot of other stuff that I don't watch a gardening program
for.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

I wonder what killed Crockett. Although I love his book, the guy was always
spraying something.