Old 01-10-2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default tree wound dressing

You require dissections after five years of studies.
What have you dissected and how?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Dave" wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...ing/index.html

--
Sincerely,John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist

Like everything else, there's exceptions to the latest thought which
addresses generalities, not specifics.

An example. I have 5 acres of central TX property. The native prevailing
trees are in order - Juniper ashe, live oak, red oak, pecan, and a
spattering of chinaberry in my specific area. I cut juniper ashe any time
of the year, may be the whole tree, or, a swath up the trunk of the tree
just above head height. No dressing is ever applied ever to such cuts.
All have no problems healing over such cuts. Live oak, I only prune dead
limbs. No time of year specific No problems here. No dressing applied.
I have no other tree species on my property.

Oops, I do have one lemon tree about a foot tall in a pot. Haven't pruned
it.

My dad used repair type roofing tar on his pecan trees after making cuts
of branches off the trunk. No visible ill effects. One has been cut down
due to height constraints in the area, the remainder are still in place.

Some juniper ashe have to take cuts on branches at the trunk. Some will
branch entirely horizontally. Making it impossible to mow under them.
This is also how such a tree aids containing water beneath such a tree.

All is observational, and could be easily an oversight on my part, But, I
doubt it.
Dave