Old 01-10-2007, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural
Dean Hoffman Dean Hoffman is offline

Default Avoiding the dangers of Roundup

In article , Charlie wrote:

You want to know what makes my blood boil, Bro.Jim?

"Farmers" who claim to be stewards of God's creation, that shake hands
with the deer, and yet who spread death upon the Land and feed crops,
who speak of good seeds of truth yet plant the evil seeds of
Mon-satan-o and followup with their Liquid Death. *Especially* when
said farmer only plants 24 acres of soybeans. I grew up in northern
Missouri. I have walked many a bean row, many a year, killing weeds
with a sharp chunk of metal on the end of a stick.

24 acres is nothing.

You speak of the rich, fertile earth, the smell and the feel of it, yet
you hasten its destruction with your use of and support of GM seed and
Round-Up. All for less than ten thousand dollars gross. Shameful.

God called upon us to care for his creation, that includes Mother Earth
and all Creatures upon it. Stewardship. You think poison and
supporting the likes of Mon-satan-o is a noble pursuit and garners
divine approval? You, in your small way, are adding to the destruction
being wrought upon Gaia and Her Children.

You are a newcomer on Earth, yet you treat it like something to be
beaten into shape for your benefit.

I wonder how the Native Americans felt when their new europeon
neighbors came and told them how it was to be? Hmmmmmmm......

Charlie

What did you do about weeds like dogbane that can't be effectively
controlled with a hoe?
There probably is no definitive answer to the next question. What's
better environmentally, using chemicals and modern farming practices on
fewer total acres or using older methods on more total acres?

Dean