Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Laundry problem

Dave wrote:
"Henry & Carolyn" wrote in message
I hope there is someone on here that can help. I don't know where else to
find the solution. When they tried to iron on a name tag on my mom's
sweater at the nursing home, the iron was too hot and left shine marks. Is
there anyway to save this sweater?
TIA
Carolyn

Your mom is probably attached to the sweater. See why you're seeking a
solution to keep it. Very doubtful that is can be saved.

One not so high tech solution is to sew some velcro on the sweater. Do same
to the name tag if its of adequate material. Be sure to get the hook and
the pile correct. If everyone does this, they can drive the staff nuts
switching names.
Dave

I always figured the stuff got stolen in the laundry. I prepared
iron-on name tags with my printer and put them in prominent places where
they could be seen rather than inside. After that, I had to buy far
less new clothes for my father when he was in the nursing home.
Most of the residents I knew in his nursing home were out of it with
Alzheimer's and dementia and did not care how they looked. Very sad.