Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 AM posted to alt.permaculture
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default composting containers and enclosures

"JakeD" wrote in message
I'm currently enjoying the free use of a portion of someone's garden.
I'll be using my designated patch to grow some veggies and some fruit
bushes. I'm a total beginner, so I'll be learning as I go along. I'm
picking up some good ideas from pc mags and books.

The gardener who takes care of the rest of the garden seems to burn
all the weeds he pulls up, along with all hedge trimmings. I could use
all that material for making compost. So I've been looking for ideas
on composting enclosures or containers. Can anyone offer any
suggestions or provide a link to a site that has a design or two I can
use? If the said enclosure/container can be made out of material that
doesn't cost anything, all the better... It needs to be able to house
at least a cubic meter of vegetable matter. Two cubic metres would be
better. Any tips on where to locate the container would be appreciated
too.

4 pallets would work and should be free the sort of wooden pallets used for
bricks. Wire them together and fill then up.