Old 02-10-2007, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cerumen[_3_] Cerumen[_3_] is offline

Default Trees destroying my home?

"JimR123" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have some Connifer trees in my garden, and I've recently noticed
quite a few cracks appearing inside my house, particularly in the
corners of rooms.

Is it possible or likely that these trees (or roots of) are causing the
cracks, and if so, are they likely to get worse?

There are 6 trees, each about 15-20 metres high, and all about 10
metres from the back of the house.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance...

Conifers are generally shallow rooted and the roots are not usually known to
cause that sort of damage at such distance.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
A little learning is a dangerous thing, but it still beats total ignorance.