Old 02-10-2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default Cantaloupes and fence

Says similar here near bottom of the webpage. Thanks.
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/muskmelon1.html
Dave

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
I used to use knee high nylon stockings to support them on the fence.
Slip the stocking up over the cantaloupe and stem and support the
stocking by wiring it to the fence.

In article ,
"Dwayne" wrote:

They will produce on the fence, if they dont get too big. Can you put a
box
or up side down bucket along the fence for them to rest on? Good luck.

Dwayne

"Dave" wrote in message
My garden is surrounded by a fence. The fencing is about 2"X3"
squares.
I've been waiting for a couple of months for the cantalouple to flower
and
fruit. The flowering has been great and continues. Cantaloupe is
planted
on 2 mounds, about 2 feet from the fence. It has grown parallel to the
fence, and later towards the fence. All flowering has resulted in no
fruit. I left it alone. Now, the cantaloupe is all over the fence.
Found
many fruit growing now. All hanging from the fence. I've never
attempted
cantaloupe before. Is it supposed to be supported in the air like on a
fence?
Dave

--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
foot down." -- Steve Rothstein