Old 02-10-2007, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Trees destroying my home?

"JimR123" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have some Connifer trees in my garden, and I've recently noticed
quite a few cracks appearing inside my house, particularly in the
corners of rooms.

How old is your house?

Ours was built in 1937 and has had corner ceiling cracks for as long as I
can remember - and I've known the house all my life. There are also some
cracks down corners where walls meet. They're not a problem though.

Shrinkage of surrounding soil through drought can have an effect on the
building and so can heave from excess rain. So can excessive weight in upper
rooms, vibration from heavy traffic, all sorts of influences add to the
cosmetic character of buildings.

Ealier this year I applied silicone seal from a gun to fill the cracks and
painted over everything. The cracks are still there of course but can't now
be seen unless I look very hard and there are more interesting things to do
in life :-)

If you want a reason to remove the confiers just do it!

Mary