Old 02-10-2007, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Plants and medicine

On 2/10/07 11:10, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

snip

I have Zirtek (sp?) which don't knock me out. I must see if I can start a
gunfight later, when I've finished the game of rugby.

I also have cellulitis and Flucloxacillin, and a flea in the ear from Doc
who says not to touch that plant again, cos next time I might be doing
Nelson impressions.

Kiss me, Hardy.

I didn't even like the bl**dy thing much.

Just like me and bees so now I carry an Epipen if going to farflung places
and on holiday. Nobody is certain another sting *would* kill me but they'd
rather I didn't experiment! Get rid of that plant but for goodness sake
don't do it yourself. And do make sure that whoever does it doesn't leave
any twigs or thorns lying around that you might not see.
I haven't searched very exhaustively but I can't find any cautions about
toxicity in this plant so is it possible its been hit by some spray or other
and that you have, effectively, injected yourself with it? I have known
that happen to someone who pricked himself on a rose thorn and came very
close to death.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk