Old 02-10-2007, 06:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.nature,rec.gardens,rec.birds,sci.misc
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Poison Ivy

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:11:03 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

snip
I basically got the PI in my blood stream and even though the initial
contact was only on my arm, it was erupting on my face and neck and a few
less comfortable spots. So for me it is rubber gloves, straight into a bag
with the lot (fortunately only a single vine) and a through wash for myself
and the clothes with the Rx soap. Not taking a single chance on repeat.

I would just zap it with glyphosate and get the root for
sure too (shrug). Don't have to handle it that way. Let it
die back to the point that you can't tell what it was
anymore. By next spring it shouldn't be of any problem.

If you have desirables mixed in with it, hold something like
cardboard up by it as a backstop so the over spray doesn't
hit them.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b