Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.nature,rec.gardens,rec.birds,sci.misc
Ann Ann is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Poison Ivy

Jack Schmidling expounded:

Everyone knows (or should know) what poison Ivy looks like.

But this one really took me by surprise....

js

I pull it and bag it to get rid of it. As long as I've got gloves on
I don't have a problem. A vine that big, however, is something I
wouldn't tangle with (pun intended G). I'd cut it off at the base,
paint the cut surfaces with Brush Be Gone, and then leave it to die
off. Even the dried leaves and branches can cause irritation, so
gloves and long sleeves are needed to clean up the dead parts the
following season.

Don't burn it! The oils will vaporize in the smoke, it can kill you
to inhale it!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts