Old 02-10-2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default PBS's Victory Garden

On 10/2/07 1:31 PM, in article ,
"enigma" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 10/2/07 12:30 PM, in article
, "enigma"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

PS - next Tuesday to meet?

i think so...
lee

We'll talk off line about where.

I have some trees for you and a daylily or three!

not orange daylilies?!

Red - any other colors you want?
i have some ditch lilies if you want some...
funny story: a friend of ours is having his farm landscaped
by some big fancy company. he was showing me the plan to see
what i thought. i told him 2 things, no, you do NOT want to
plant a blue spruce right at the corner of the house
(seriously, it was 3 feet from the foundation in the plan),
and you don't have to *buy* the great swathes of ditch lilies
(est price on the plan was $350 for regular orange ditch
lilies) because i'll *give* you all the stupid damn lilies you
want. FREE!

I have PLENTLY of orange daylilies and the double ones too
i have a lot of perennial phlox (the tall kind that blooms
all summer) in my shade garden. would it be happier somewhere
sunnier or should i just leave it alone?
and if i have to cut back hard a lilac, is that best done
right after bloom? this thing is 15' tall with 5-6" diameter
trunks. i want it a bit shorter... like no more than 8'.
lee

Ask some one else the lilac question, I just let mine do its thing. Move the
phlox.