Old 02-10-2007, 05:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Cantaloupes and fence

Cool.

Yes, those mesh produce bags that some things come in will work too if
you can get enough of them. :-) I just found the Knee High's to be
available and inexpensive, and re-usable.

Most welcome!

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

Says similar here near bottom of the webpage. Thanks.
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/muskmelon1.html
Dave

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
I used to use knee high nylon stockings to support them on the fence.
Slip the stocking up over the cantaloupe and stem and support the
stocking by wiring it to the fence.

--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein