Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Ping: Cheryl Isaak

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
And reveals who the ancient computer geeks are! LOL

*P*acket *IN*ternet *G*roper = PING
A small program used to test the connection and function of remote
destinations by sending out messages and waiting for replies.

I'm beyond ancient, Cheryl..~chuckle~...I was a "nerd" and that was before
geek (General Electrical Engineering Knowledge) was an acknowledged computer
related title and a hacker was revered as an awe inspiring Wizard instead
of, as now, some nefarious, destructive criminal. I programmed with zeros
and ones (binary machine language) using machines chiseled from rock and
fueled by the skimming of tar pits

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
Val