Old 02-10-2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Ping: Cheryl Isaak

In article ,
"Val" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
And reveals who the ancient computer geeks are! LOL

*P*acket *IN*ternet *G*roper = PING
A small program used to test the connection and function of remote
destinations by sending out messages and waiting for replies.

I'm beyond ancient, Cheryl..~chuckle~...I was a "nerd" and that was before
geek (General Electrical Engineering Knowledge) was an acknowledged computer
related title and a hacker was revered as an awe inspiring Wizard instead
of, as now, some nefarious, destructive criminal. I programmed with zeros
and ones (binary machine language) using machines chiseled from rock and
fueled by the skimming of tar pits

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
Val

We used to call some folks Wizards.

Bill who knows what VAX notes were and grew up with the notion that I
was always addressing my best friend.

Looking for Leopard slowly.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade