Old 03-10-2007, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McWilliams John McWilliams is offline

Default Ping: Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/2/07 6:25 PM, in article PzzMi.586$0I5.511@trnddc08, "Travis"
wrote:

Why are you using a Microsoft product if that is how you feel?

It was a joke man.

Actually, I'm stuck with some Microsoft products until the last kid is out
of HS. There are at least three teachers a year that require all papers to
be also turned in as a Word file on a CD. No other format is allowed.

Actually, I keep wondering how Entourage got to be so useable.

Write a stern E-mail to the school board. Include such phrases as
"economics"; "forced purchases" [Word and CDs]; "discrimination";
"PDF"[free, universal, and uncopyable]; "resource waste", and so forth.
Also note that it's a waste of time, energy and resources (burning a CD)
for a tiny bit of info that could be easily e-mailed if the "teacher"
had a brain and a will to stop such waste and rigidity. I bet they have
to turn in a printed copy, too, no?

Aaaaaaccchhhhh!

--
john mcwilliams