Old 03-10-2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Darryl Darryl is offline

Default Racoons

On Sep 26, 4:47 pm, enigma wrote:
"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote m:
Not as inhumane as trapping and then shooting
them

actually, yes, it can be. local populations have their own set
of parasite & disease resistances, their own set pattern of
food gathering, their own 'pecking order'. moving an animal to
a strange location is pretty much dooming them to a slow death
due to starvation, disease/parasites, or fighting & subsequent
infection if they aren't killed outright.

For many people,

humane = "it gives me a warm feeling in my tummy & I don't have to see
the results".
inhumane = "I would have to see the results of the decision I made".