Old 03-04-2003, 11:56 PM
JNJ

Default newbie azalea question

Yeah, I found that out after I planted them, which is why I watered them a
lot last year. They didn't burn or wilt at all, so I figured they were

fine
where they were.

Hmmmm...you may have over-watered them a bit.

I think they are; I'll look closer again later today.

That would be a bad sign. Check a branch or two closer to the center.

Yes, almost all of them. I have euonymous bushes and a viburnum that are
still dormant. No other shrubs, but my ornamental fruit trees and all the
other flowers have yet to do anything at all. Except the bulbs, which are
about 1/3 of the way out.

A little bit more time sounds reasonable. FWIW, I'm down in Cincinnati,
Ohio and although I have buds and leaves on all of my trees (except the
Black Walnuts) as well as all of my shrubs, several have yet to blossom.

Thanks. I think I'll take a branch to Agway and see if they can tell me

it's
hopeless. If not, I guess I'll have to patient.

Be careful which one and how much -- if the plant was damaged by placement
and/or weather, it may not have many branches with which to recover.

Overall the prognosis does not sound very favorable.

James