Old 03-10-2007, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Trim Privet Hedge ?

On 30 Sep, 20:38, "Martin" wrote:
Got a privet hedge which must be 40 years old, I usually trim it twice a
year.
So far I haven't done the second trim and I'm wondering if its too late
now.
Can someone advise please ?

Ideally the last time is at the end of summer, end of September at the
latest. It also very much depends where your privets are located
geographically and physically. I've just spent all sunday cutting mine
(10m) and tidy 12m of ivy! It was a lovely dry day for it. Where are
you?