Old 03-10-2007, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
davenport davenport is offline

Default A Sparrow Hawk in my garden

My camera was to hand just at the right time, I did not dare to approach the
window, just in case I spooked him.
I hope you have some better luck in getting a picture of your hawk.
Best wishes, David
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"davenport" wrote in message

That's a great shot!

My first experience of one was when I saw a little bird on a log outside
our kitchen window, plucking a blue tit. I'd no idea what it was so rushed
for my camera and the Collins Field Guide in that order. My picture was
blurred and not at all clear but the picture in the book was and I was
very excited that I'd seen one.

Another time our bantams were spooked by something, only Spouse saw it and
we assumed that was a sparrowhawk too, then there was the occasion when we
found a lot of sparrow feathers ...

Thanks.

Mary