Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Tree ID & Damage Advice

Don Staples wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
Can someone please ID this tree?

http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_1.php
http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_2.php

I also need advice on how to treat this chronic bleeding wound. From
what the past owner said, it bleeds like that every year.

http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_3.php
http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_4.php

Click the magnifying glass to zoom if you need a closer look.

SWAG - elm - does effluent smell, if so, what kind of smell? Suspect
internal decay. Location could help.

No smell that I can detect though it's not actively bleeding at this
moment.

Location is far south western KY, zone 6B.

From a closer look into the wound, it looks like there is a hole,
unsure if it's deep or not.

Is there anything I can flush it with? I'm going to pack it with
paraffin wax and give it a slight heating to seal it, but I do not want
to seal in something bad.

Also, once sealed, is there anything I can use to clean the bark that's
been bled all over?