Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default putting new mulch in fall

Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"ap" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,
We live here in north GA and was planning on putting new red colored
mulch to our garden beds in the front of our home. Right now, there is
a very thin layer of red mulch in some beds.

The beds are near large trees and soon the leaves will fall.

What do others do about putting red mulch during fall season?

Do you put a filter of some sort to catch the fall leaves so they
don't cover up the mulch?

Is it suggested to mulch after the leaves are done falling?

What about running the blower ? Will it blow away the mulch also?

The mulch we have used so far is the red colored mulch from Garden
Plus.
(At lowe's)

Please let me have your advice!!

THANKS!