Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Tree ID & Damage Advice

Trees do not bleed. I.e., if you put blood on your pancakes this morning.

There is wet wood. I would suggest two books on wetwood of trees. Common
on elms.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/MARBOR.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/NTB.html

Wetwood - Wetwood is a term used for both a disease of wood and for the
wood, altered as a result of the disease.
Wetwood is wood infected by anaerobic bacteria mostly. See "wetwood"
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/W/index.html

Do not use drain tubes to drain wetwood.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
Can someone please ID this tree?

http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_1.php
http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_2.php

I also need advice on how to treat this chronic bleeding wound. From what
the past owner said, it bleeds like that every year.

http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_3.php
http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/...e_id_pic_4.php

Click the magnifying glass to zoom if you need a closer look.