Old 03-10-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] freebyrd@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default celeriac

On Oct 3, 7:51 pm, Jim Kingdon wrote:
I bought a celeriac bulb the other day, it had the celery stick and
leaves still attached. They are very very green and wilted, but I
thought I might be able to put them in stews and soups. I've frozen
them. But then I wondered, are they safe? Could they be poisonious.

No worries about poisonous, and I don't think there are big issues
with flavor/bitterness/etc. At least one of my seed catalogs lists
their celeriac as "celery/celeriac".

Thank you for your answer, I just wondered because these were VERY
green and I was thinking of clorafil in potatoes and the nearness in
species that celery/celeriac is to rubbarb. I am a very frugal woman
and try not to waste anything.