Old 04-10-2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default celeriac

wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank you for your answer, I just wondered because these were VERY
green and I was thinking of clorafil in potatoes and the nearness in
species that celery/celeriac is to rubbarb. I am a very frugal woman
and try not to waste anything.

Chlorophyll is not poisonous. The poison in potatoes is not chlorophyll.
You would have to be thinking in a strange way to be worried about eating a
vegetable because it was green.

Celery/celeriac is only distantly related to rhubarb and does not have the
poison that rhubarb has. Incidentally you would have to eat a vast amount
of rhubarb to poison yourself so don't lose sleep.

David