Old 04-10-2007, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:
| "CWatters" wrote in message

Why do both of you feel that what you have to say is so important that
you have to say it three times?

| Ok for those of you who are paranoid and have high browser settings...
| Here
| is a screen shot of what you see when you press enter.
|
| http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6006/designmejx7.jpg

No it isn't - unless you go in for flashing. But thanks for posting
what a flasher would see.

| It's reasonably simple and well done in my opinion. I've seen far worse.
| Variouys sections are animated - but only when first drawn on your screen.
| There are no continuous annoying animations like some sites.

Then it is utterly damn-fool to use flash - there is such a thing as
using an appropriate tool for the job.

One of the standard principles of user interface design (which predates
the Internet) is that the first page or pages should be simple, and
need as few resources as possible. This isn't just for people on the
other end of lengths of wet string or behind paranoid firewalls, but
is needed to make it accessible to disabled people.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.