Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Tree ID & Damage Advice

symplastless wrote:
Trees do not bleed. I.e., if you put blood on your pancakes this morning.

There is wet wood. I would suggest two books on wetwood of trees. Common
on elms.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/MARBOR.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/NTB.html

Wetwood - Wetwood is a term used for both a disease of wood and for the
wood, altered as a result of the disease.
Wetwood is wood infected by anaerobic bacteria mostly. See "wetwood"
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/W/index.html

Do not use drain tubes to drain wetwood.

So I should just let it alone and not try and seal it or anything?