Old 04-10-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Netting... leaf barriers... cages... fall leaves...

"gmb" wrote in message
oups.com...
The leaves are starting to drop mostly
because of the current drought. Our net/screen plan is temporary, to
be removed when the leaves are done, but it sure doesn't look
natural... Funny, the pond was originally for us. Now it's all about
our fish family!

If you don't want to use a finer bird netting like I do, you can net the
leaves out once a week. I do that with my only unnetted inground 150g
goldfish pond. They're removed before they start to decompose. It takes me
only a few minutes to get most of them.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.