Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default A Sparrow Hawk in my garden

In article ,
"Jim Carlock" wrote:

This one is definitely not a sparrow hawk. I'm not sure how
big a sparrow hawk grows, but this guy stands about 24+ inches
high, and has a 6"+ beak. Not quite as big as a pelican, but
he does stand a little taller and has longer skinnier legs.

Don't know that this one feeds on birds, but it does feed on
smaller animals. He's a predator as well. His name is Mister
Seven Toes. Maybe he was real hungry one day?

If you are interested in the land animals these birds feed
upon, I might be albe to find a picture of them as well.

Pretty baby. :-)

He/she a yard pet?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein