Old 05-10-2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Tree ID & Damage Advice

symplastless wrote:
Scott

That would be my recommendation. The slim flux does kill bark. Also turf.
This is the thing. It's better to have one fox in the hen house than 50
coming in. Wetwood alters the wood to a higher state of protection. It
keeps the other bad guys out. Its a niche. Proper mulching and other
treatments would be good for your tree.

proper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html
and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"

Thanks.. I've read up on mulching the right way since I was already
planning on mulching around that tree and making it more of a showcase
since it's right by the main entrance we use for the home.

I did have a Q though.. Couldn't I wax over the hole where it's weeping
so I can minimize the bark that's being damaged below it?