Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default How were your tomatoes this year?

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:43:16 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article om,
wrote:

Problem with the Aces, not the beefmasters, is bug damage to the lower
leaves, they get eaten. I spray with Malathion lightly, probably
should do it every other day, at 1 teaspoon of Ortho 50% per gallon of
water, and a teaspoon of Miracle-Grow Tomato Food. Lightly means two
or three presses of the sprayer per plant, keeping it moving. Maybe 2
months ago, I tried a much stronger mix of Malathion, and both the
Aces and Beefmasters leaves died. More grew eventually, but it seems
like too much Malathion is not a good idea. Even the light
application of Malathion seems to hurt the Aces bottom leaves, but
more grow on top so I don't sweat it.

Oh, my god.

The No Child Left Behind Act is working presactly as designed.

Charlie

And it is so Darwinian.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley