Old 04-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Annabel

Default moss

"pied piper" wrote in message

"Annabel" wrote in message

Paul

I, like you am on London clay. How do you aerate your

lawn,
can
either
not get a fork in or cannot get it out without a

struggle. I
have a
hollow tine aerator which I bought at a local boot fair

and
its
going
back to see if some other sucker wants it !!!!

You mention laughing about your patio, do you think

anyone
else
out
there is as sad as me ---- I mow my "patio".

Bell

water your lawn for few hours a day then hollow tine

remove
the
cores
dress with a sandy soil

When you say "remove the cores", to me that means "try to

get
all of
the
core out of each tine"

Bell

the core push out of each tine as you pust it back into the

ground i
mean
remove the cores from your lawn

What I am saying is that the ground (clay) is such that the

cores do
not
come out of the tines with the ground being so sticky/hard.

they will come out when u push the tines back in the ground

They don't.

Bell

then push harder

I can push as hard and as deep as I can but the cores are sticky clay,
perhaps you have no experience of it. Mr Titchmarsh always said that his
garden was heavy clay but when he "ground forced" a garden 2 miles away
from here he found out what clay, that you can almost do pottery with,
is really like.