Old 05-10-2007, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 4, 8:38 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Cat(h)" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 4, 3:56 pm, David in Normandy wrote:
In article , R.A.Omond says...

Hey, and one of us (i.e. one of me :-) is still a current
VMS consultant !

VMS - when downtime is not an option.

If you need any job control language writing I'm your man! It's been a
good few years but I'm sure the VMS grey cells are still there under
the
dust :-)
Getting way off topic now, but I once wrote a very large JCL program
monitor and regulate the system, run various jobs, backups, reports
etc.
I even gave it it's own username space to run in "Marvin". It would
monitor and log off idle users and send messages to appropriate people
saying printers had run out of paper etc. It got quite chatty with one
user one day and they phoned up the I.T. dept asking to speak to
Marvin
:-)

... the Paranoid Android?

You're showing your age.

:-) I'm not denying the age, but I've discovered the Hitchhiker only
about a year ago, when the new fillum (as they say here in Ireland)
came to the big screen. It wasn't part of my youth's pop culture, as
it took place away from the British Isles.
I've read the books since, and enjoyed them - though less than Terry
Pratchet's - but that's even further off topic than we've ventured so
far.

So I could be, really, really, really young... at heart... really...
honest.

Cat(h)

""It's not about age, .......... it's about attitude""

Mike
Who is in his mid 30's :-))

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.