Old 05-10-2007, 05:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Netting... leaf barriers... cages... fall leaves...

I love trees.....but I don't want them poisoning my pond or killing my
lawn and plants........I will replace the trees I can pull down within
my control with more "garden friendly" stuff but I have a grudge against
the tree in my garden and the sycamores at the back......
Gill

That's what we did, only we started when we moved in, to replace the 2
poorly planted maples, we put in 2 ash, 1 Crimson King Maple, a Russian
Olive (God donated) & a pine, further away from the house, these trees are
all now in the 20-30 foot range. Why we girdled the silver maple summer
before last. Now to just bring it down.s At least it should not leaf out
next spring.... and, because it lost it's leaves early on, those that
didn't get mow, actually have almost disappeared into the landscape as
nature mulch. I guess water and hot dry sun really break down dry leaves
quickly. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us