Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Ann

Default Question about bloom Longevity

Darby Wiggins expounded:

Okay, so pansies are out but I've gotten mixed messages on the
snapdragons.....some say if you deadhead them they will stay in bloom all
summer and some say they don't.....which is it???

I hate to see you give up on pansies, they're one of my favorites, and
if you give them some afternoon shade and plenty of water they last
fairly well, cut them back in the heat of the summer and they'll bloom
again for you in the fall. As for snaps, yes, keep them deadheaded
and they'll bloom all summer....and since they're a half-hardy
perennial, they may overwinter for you. They have for me a couple
times, although not this past winter.....way too many sub-zero and
single digit days.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA