Old 06-10-2007, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default How were your tomatoes this year?

Billy wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:43:16 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article om,
wrote:

Problem with the Aces, not the beefmasters, is bug damage to the lower
leaves, they get eaten. I spray with Malathion lightly, probably
should do it every other day, at 1 teaspoon of Ortho 50% per gallon of
water, and a teaspoon of Miracle-Grow Tomato Food. Lightly means two
or three presses of the sprayer per plant, keeping it moving. Maybe 2
months ago, I tried a much stronger mix of Malathion, and both the
Aces and Beefmasters leaves died. More grew eventually, but it seems
like too much Malathion is not a good idea. Even the light
application of Malathion seems to hurt the Aces bottom leaves, but
more grow on top so I don't sweat it.

Oh, my god.

The No Child Left Behind Act is working presactly as designed.

Charlie

And it is so Darwinian.

Hey, you live by evolution, you die by evolution.