Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default GREEN TOMATOES

Have you considered rippening them off the vine? Put the green tomatoes in a
papar bag with some apple slices and wait for them to turn red. They won't be
as good as red tomatoes off the vine, but better than what's in the
supermarket.

Sherwin D.

wrote:

I've got a good recipe for green tomato chutney, and I know they're
good in some curries. Does anyone have any other ideas for their use
please?
With the nights getting so cold I'm wondering how long mine will last
on the vine, and they're still VERY green.