Old 06-10-2007, 04:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] bigjcw1023@gmail.com is offline

Default rider deck question

On Oct 5, 5:59 pm, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a troy bilt pony rider, 2 years old. It did not come with deck
wheels. Would I be well advised to get a set? Are there benefits to
the wheels? It is also equiped with a port for a deck wash system.
For hooking up hose and running blades and water to clean underside of
deck. Would it be a good idea to get this adaptor? Would the excess
water cause rusting? I do use a blower to remove grass and debris
from the mower when I am finished though, u cant really do thew under
side of the deck with that method!!!

I have deck wheels on all my mowers and I've never tried to mow without
them - but I have some rough spots and regularly mow over junk and brush
hog. I don't hose but it sounds to me like you are doing great with your
blower. The hose won't be "perfect" either.

Iusually dont clean under the deck. It has been wet grass the last
two times though. I will take care of it when I winterize the beast!