Old 06-10-2007, 04:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Lowes - Troybilt

on 10/5/2007 7:59 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
"willshak" wrote in message

on 10/5/2007 5:53 PM Steveo said the following:

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message

OOOPPS. I also forgot to mention that they are all metal. The hood

on higher priced john deere and such have plastic hoods. Go figure,
pay less for better construction!

I'd take a fiberglass mowing deck over a steel unit, no corrosion.

I've never seen a fiberglass mowing deck - but I don't think that is
what
he is refering to. I think he meant steel vs fiberglass HOOD.

I know THAT, I'm just saying plastic is not always inferior to steel as a
construction material.

You've never seen one because it would last too long.

Nice try at saving face, but no cigar.
Bill

Not that it makes much difference - but I don't think he means "fiberglass".
I think he means one of the stronger plastics. There are some pretty strong
but they won't resist fatigue like steel will.

The OP was not talking about a mower deck. He was talking about a
tractor hood (bonnet). I suppose fiberglass would make nice fenders
too, but that doesn't address the plastic hood costing more than a metal
hood.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY